As Chair of the Judges Committee for the DIGI Awards–and on behalf of the Judges– I want to congratulate all the Winners of 2016 DIGI Awards. Another batch of excellent entries– from all categories including Best New Products, Transportation Applications, Retail, Entertainment Venues, and more.
The winners offer a roadmap of how digital signage and DOOH best practices are playing out in market, with real-world solutions and products.
The DIGI Awards recognize the resellers, integrators and service providers who have gone the extra mile to ensure success for their clients, thereby furthering the digital signage industry as a whole. Additionally, we recognize the best New Products for the digital signage and DOOH market.
The DIGI Award Winners are listed below. In January, we’ll be highlighting select winners in detail, in a DIGI Awards special section of the Digital Signage Best Practices Guide.
Congratulations to the all the Winners of a DIGI Award, listed below!
Best Digital Signage Applications, Winners:
Digital Signage in a Retail store, Local Rollout
Winner: Premier Mounts and Reflect Systems
- Nebraska Furniture Mart of Texas, in-store digital brand media and digital customer journey in the 560,000 square foot retail space.
Retail Roll-out, National
Winner: Appspace and Neo Advertising
- Comprehensive digital signage project, the WOW project, for Carrefour stores in Spain.
Interactive Technology Roll-out
Winner: Reflect Systems
- Interactive Digital Experiences Touch Wall, at Macy’s Herald Square, interactive social wall comprised of 60 tiles.
Best Digital Signage Deployment, for Transportation
- Digital Signage for Toronto’s Metrolinx’s, connecting Canada’s busiest transportation hubs — Toronto’s Union Station and Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Best Deployment, Entertainment
Winner: Four Winds Interactive
- MGM Resorts International– for 12 properties in Las Vegas, standardizing content management to 50,000 displays on the Las Vegas Strip from one platform.
Best Deployment, Entertainment, Sports Venue
Omnivex Moxie digital signage content management platform, for the 2015 Calgary Stampede.
Best Digital Signage Deployment for Corporate Communications
Winner: Rise Vision
- For All Crane, Rise Vision designed a digital signage system to increase company awareness and for employee safety training
Best Content for Digital Signage, Winners:
Best Content, Ambient
- Pensacola Christian College’s annual Eagle Mania pep rally.
Best Content, Corporate Communications
Winner: AV Stumpfl
- Audi's three-story booth at the 2015 at Frankfurt International Motor Show
Best New Products for Digital Signage, Winners:
Best New Technology Innovation in Digital Signage Displays
Panasonics PT-RQ13KU Laser 3-Chip DLP Projector
Best New Technology Innovation in Digital Signage
- X2O.Join extends the power of the X2O platform so that users can browse and view any channel on the X2O network from screens they frequently access — their desktop workstations or laptops.
Best New Generation Display Device, Small Screen
Winner: LG Electronics USA / LG 22SM3B
- The LG 22SM3B, based on smart platform with webOS, and a Beacon feature, for simple and easy content management.
Best Mounting Solution
Winner: Premiere Mounts
- The Habitat Outdoor Digital Media System from Premiere Mounts is a weather resistant outdoor enclosure with a modular design to allow for expansion from single to double or triple displays using the same bolt pattern base plate, and does not need air conditioning for operating temp of 0-50°C, resulting in up to 70% savings in electricity usage.
Best 4K Display Device
Winner: LG Electronics USA / LG UX340C Series
- The UX340C series is LG's first Commercial Lite TV with Ultra High Definition– 4K resolution.
Best Media Player
The Seneca Fanless HDN is a 100% solid state media player designed with internal power and additional features specific to digital signage applications.
Judges Choice Award:
- For the SAS Business Analytics Forum in Norway, an Omnivex Moxie digital signage platform provided interactive and engaging use of both data and technology, including data visualization.