NEC Display Solutions of America, provider of commercial and residential LCD, plasma, and projector displays, announced at the Digital Signage Expo a new pre-configured TileMatrix Video Wall Solution comprised of four NEC 46-inch MultiSync LCD4620-2-IT displays.
The NEC MultiSync LCD4620-2-IT display features an ultra-thin-bezel design which helps create a near seamless look and feel for video wall applications. NEC’s exclusive TileMatrix technology allows for video walls comprised of up to 25 displays (5x5) using only a single video source. This eliminates the hassle and additional costs of splitters and distribution amplifiers or connecting monitors to multiple sources. The system’s TileCompT feature is fine-tuned to compensate for the narrow bezels, allowing the image to look crisp with no loss of content at the edges. The complete solution is ideal for retail digital signage, information and public display, corporate settings and command and control applications.
NEC’s video wall solution can be seen at the 2008 Digital Signage Expo (NEC Display Solutions Booth No. 113) today through February 28 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
In addition to the four 46-inch MultiSync LCD4620-2-IT displays, the solution includes the Digital Factory PerfectAlignT Mounting System, Extron® high-performance cables and a Tripp Lite surge suppressor.
“The TileMatrix video wall bundle delivers a complete cost-effective solution for dynamic digital signage,” said Jeff Blankensop, Director of Business Development at NEC Display Solutions. “The improved color and brightness uniformity in the new MultiSync LCD4620-2-IT displays coupled with its ultra-thin bezel allow for near seamless video wall configurations for a broad array of markets.”
The 2007 World Digital Signage Markets Report from Frost & Sullivan states, “NEC was the leader in the world digital signage display market 2006 with 23.1 percent market share (the latest year for which data are available). The company has built on its wide range of product offerings in both the LCD and plasma displays.”
The NEC 2x2 LCD TileMatrix Video Wall Solution includes the following:
• Four (4) NEC MultiSync LCD4620-2-IT displays
• TileMatrix, which allows for video wall configurations of up to 25 displays (5x5) using only one video source
• TileComp, which works in tandem with TileMatrix to create a seamless video wall
• Digital Signage Technology Suite boasts nearly 30 advanced features
• Ultra-thin-bezel design of 16.5mm
• XtraView® wide-angle viewing technology
• Rapid ResponseT of 16ms for full motion video
• Brightness of 700 cd/m_
• Contrast ratio of 1800:1
• Native resolution of 1366 x 768
• Real-time clock, which allows for content scheduling and monitor sleep/wake management, improving energy savings and extending display life
• Digital Factory PerfectAlign Mounting System, which is easy to install and very simple to maintain. The system ensures that every display is “perfectly aligned” and mounted as close to the wall as possible.
• Extron 15-pin HD Male to BNC Male cable for computer video transmission
• Extron BNC Male to Male Five Conductor MHR coaxial cable for high-resolution video signal distribution
• Tripp Lite Isobar6 surge suppressor, which features six outlets and helps prevent system crashes, reboots and performance problems
The MultiSync LCD4620-2-IT displays come with a three-year standard warranty and Onsite Overnight Service (OnsiteOn-46), which ensures that a comparable new or refurbished LCD unit will be replaced by a technician within one business day of a customer’s call. The Digital Factory PerfectAlign Mounting System also has a three-year warranty, while the Extron cables and Tripp Lite surge suppressor have lifetime warranties. NEC Display Solutions is responsible solely for the LCD displays, so all customer calls to NEC service and support will be directed to the individual manufacturer.
The full four-screen system is available for March 2008 shipment with an estimated street price of $18,999.99.
For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com
NEC Expands Digital Signage Portfolio with Video Wall Bundles
NEC Display Solutions of America has launched two video wall bundles designed for digital signage solutions.