Insight Media has announced the release of the 2008 LCD Backlight Report: Including LCD-TV, Monitor & Notebook PC Displays - An Opportunity Analysis. The report reveals penetration expectations for alternative backlight technologies; with LEDs taking significant share from CCFLs by 2012.
The 193-page report provides a detailed analysis of the technologies competing with CCFLs, and provides insights into on-going developments of other components in the Backlight Unit ("BLU") such as light guides, prism films, diffusers and multi-function films. Special emphasis is placed on the throughput analysis of various technologies, their costs - now and through 2012 - and penetration rates by application. The report contains 100 figures and 69 tables.
"The BLU market is set for disruptive change over the next couple of years," according to Chris Chinnock, president of Insight Media. "As a result, there are many questions from all quarters of the industry - from component and BLU makers to LCD module, notebook, monitor and TV makers. This report is designed to provide a solid technical analysis of the options, coupled with a thorough performance and cost analysis to ultimately develop a forecast for adoption of these alternative BLU technologies."
- Which LED types will dominate - standard white, enhanced gamut white or RGB?
- How will they be introduced in notebooks, monitors and TVs?
- Which will use edge-lit and which a direct type backlight approach?
- How will alternative technologies like EEFL and FFL penetrate the market?
- What will be the impact of the current difficult economic situation on overall demand?
- Market Summary
- Backlight Technology Review
- Backlight Materials and Performance Impacts
- BOM & Throughput Analysis
- BLU Technology Penetration Analysis
- Backlight Unit Opportunity Analysis
- Appendix A - LCD BLU Cost Breakdown Summary
- Appendix B - BLU Throughput Analysis
- Appendix C - Color Gamut Metrics for LCD Displays
- Appendix D - Acronyms Used in Report
- Market factors influencing BLU requirements
- Detailed review of BLU requirements for LCD TVs, Monitors and Notebooks
- Analysis of BLU materials and their impact on performance
- Analysis and forecast of BLU bill-of-material costs
- Analysis and forecast of alternative technology penetration
- Analysis of economic conditions influencing the BLU market
- Specific opportunities for suppliers in the BLU value chain.
- 2008 LCD BACKLIGHT REPORT: $5,000 for one company site license/one site location
- BLU Cost & Throughput Model Tool (Excel Workbook): $1,000 with purchase of 2008 LCD
- BLU Report or $2,000 as a stand alone tool
- Multi-site Report Pricing: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the report, including sample charts and details on the cost and throughput models, visit: www.insightmedia.info/reports/2008lcdbludetails.php.