ORANGE, CA—Full-Blown Events co-founder Dave Judy staged back-to-back
- press events for Subaru of America and Mitsubishi Motors, N.A. April 9 at the New York International Auto Show.
- Mitsubishi’s event was first on the schedule at New York City’s Javits Convention Center and involved the introduction of its left-hand drive iMiEV electrical vehicle, the new 2010 Lancer Sportback Ralliart, and the top-of-the-line Outlander GT compact crossover.
- Barely an hour later, Subaru was up with its introduction of the all-new 2010 Legacy all-wheel drive sedan and a surprise reveal of the 2010 Outback, the car maker’s mid-size wagon/crossover SUV vehicle.
- Both events featured product videos, reveals, and executive presentations complete with graphics and speaker support material. Supervision of these elements was handled by the clients’ executive producer Mike Hansen, whose longstanding working relationship with FBE made it possible to “rely on FBE with complete confidence for all the technical and logistical services associated with these events,” according to Hansen.
- FBE co-founder Peter Twill notes that the timing of the events came as somewhat of a surprise to his team. “We’d signed on for both events before the press event schedule had been released, so the timing was a bit of surprise for us. But handling these kinds of unexpected developments is really what separates the men from the boys in our business.”