Gefen has announced the availability of two new digital signage media players, expanding the range of solutions it provides for this growing industry segment.
- Gefen's Digital Signage Media Player with Wi-Fi.
- Both Digital Signage Media Players with Wi-Fi offer a SMIL (synchronized multimedia integration language)-compliant media player that works with any computer LAN system, either by connecting directly to the LAN or by using the Wi-Fi connection. Users can playback 1080p Full HD video. These players also output component and composite video with two channel (L/R) audio and one-line scrolling text. Each player comes pre-loaded with more than ten templates to select from, so users can jump-start their digital signage applications with little to no design experience.
- The Digital Signage Media Player with Wi-Fi offers 4 GB of internal flash memory and the secure flash card slot can host up to 16 GB of memory, if needed. Keyboards, mice, hard drives and more can be connected through the two USB 2.0 ports.
- The Digital Signage Media Player with Wi-Fi Plus offers the same features but with the added ability to connect live video using a composite video input with audio. Users can also overlay content and separate the video into four quadrants for more complex systems. RS-232 for control of external displays or other connected devices is also included.
- Both players support popular media formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG L2, MP3, H.264/MPEG-4, and VC-1 codec formats. Gefen provides a number of optional CMS (content management system) providers for both players.