- PHILADELPHIA, PA--Almo Professional AV announced that registration is officially open for its next traveling E4 AV Tour, which will take place in Washington, D.C., on Nov. 10. The D.C. tour includes a full line-up of brand-new training courses worth InfoComm International CTS renewal units (RUs) and will kick-off with a special address by Randy Lemke, executive director of InfoComm.
- The E4 AV tour, which debuted last December in New York City and stopped in Anaheim and Chicago earlier this year, is a free, full-day program with an intense educational focus that allows partners to earn valuable RUs while networking with the industry’s top manufacturers. More than 1,000 partners have already experienced the benefits of the E4 events, having earned a total of 475 RUs.
- “We are passionate about helping our partners advance their careers through training and education,” said Sam Taylor, executive vice president and COO for Almo Professional AV. “Past attendees have indicated that they want a concentrated day of learning and networking without the worry of travel costs and excessive time away from their customers. We’ve designed a tight business and technical training curriculum that allows them to learn, earn and make the most of their time.”
- Taylor noted that new Almo vendors have also joined the tour and are planning to show the latest technologies, including the AMX subscription-free Inspired Xpress digital signage hardware/software line, Christie projection systems, Toshiba America displays, Panasonic projectors, Furman BlueBOLT power and energy monitoring products, and Elite Screens projection screens.
- E4 Washington, D.C., will run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center. Following are some of the training sessions being offered during the event:
• “The AV Industry – Moving Forward” CTS RUs TBD
Randy Lemke, Executive Director, InfoComm International
• “Left Behind: How Pro AV Guys are Losing the Digital Signage Market Race” 1.5 CTS RUs
Gary Kayye, CTS, Chief Visionary, Kayye Consulting, Inc.
• “Installation Issues for Converged AV/IT Systems” 1.5 CTS RUs
• “AV Math for Design: Audio and Loudspeakers” 1.5 CTS RUs
Paul Streffon, MBA, CTS-D, CTS-I, InfoComm International
• “Cost-Effective Digital Signage for Small-To-Medium Size Installations” CTS RUs TBD
Dave Gentile, Director, Business Development, AMX
• “Projection Screens: The Science, Design and Application” 1 CTS RU
Jonathan Brawn, Brawn Consulting
• “Digital Signage: An All-In-One-Solution” 1 CTS RU
Jonathon Brawn, Brawn Consulting
The E4 AV program can be accessed on demand during and after each event for instructor videos, copies of the course presentations, video product reviews and live Twitter updates. Video comments from past participating vendors, presenters and attendees also can be viewed here.
For more information about Almo Professional AV’s E4 AV Tour or to register for the Washington, D.C., event, go to www.e4avtour.com. Almo will also host an E4 event in New York City on Dec. 15. Registration and additional details about the event will be available soon.