- CEDAR RAPIDS, IA--The NSCA Education Foundation has re-elected Tom Frericks, president of Copp Systems Integrator, as the president of the NSCA Education Foundation Board of Directors. The board also elected Daniel Nix, vice president of sales – Americas, Bosch Security Systems, Inc., Communications Systems Division, to serve as a director.
- Since 1999, the NSCA Education Foundation has created educational opportunities to grow the commercial electronic systems industry. By providing financial assistance through scholarships, student memberships and the creation of an endowment for future scholarship opportunities, the Foundation assists in the development of an industry career path for students.
- The Foundation will be reviewing additional opportunities to advance the industry and promote educational programs such as ESPA and NSCA’s technician training and accompanying apprenticeship program to students and professionals looking to expand their career opportunities.
- “Our mission is to attract qualified, excited individuals,” said Tom Frericks, NSCA Education Foundation president. “The Foundation represents the dedication of the entire channel to promote this industry and ensure a long and prosperous career for the next generation of integrators.”
- NSCA Education Foundation Board Members include:
• Tom Frericks, president, Copps Systems Integrators
• Mitch Nollman, vice president, Bose Corporation
• Maureen Pajerski, secretary/treasurer, Rauland-Borg Corporation
• Scott Dhaenens, AMX
• Ron Pusey, Communications Specialists, Inc.
• George Serban, Serban Sound & Communications
• Daniel Nix, Bosch Security Systems, Inc., Communications Systems Division
• Claire Ford, Honorary Ex-Officio, Ford Audio-Video
• Loyd Ivey, Honorary Ex-Officio, Mitek Corporation/Atlas Sound
“The talent that’s going to drive our industry forward into new territory is headed to college right now,” said Daniel Nix, vice president of sales – Americas, Bosch Security Systems, Inc., Communications Systems Division and a member of the NSCA Education Foundation Board of Directors. “It’s important that we reach out to these students and help them get excited about a career in the AV industry – they are an essential part of our future and we want to be part of the industry they will shape. Knowledge is at the core of our company philosophy, and we are proud to offer the Bosch Scholarships in partnership with the NSCA Education Foundation.”
The NSCA Education Foundation is funded by generous contributions from members of its President’s Club and industry members, and numerous charity events throughout the year. For more information about the NSCA Education Foundation, visit www.nscafoundation.org or call 800.446.6722.