- MONTREAL--X2O Media announced that the company has won a POPAI 2009 Digital Signage "Viewer's Choice" Award for the Bass Pro Shops digital signage network. The Global Association for Marketing at Retail's annual award recognizes the creativity and effect that digital signage has on the retail environment, acknowledging the most innovative in-store and at-retail digital displays. This was the first year that a viewer's choice category was added to the program, and X2O Media's efforts in creating a dynamic digital signage solution for the Bass Pro Shops network was recognized with more than 500 votes.
- Bass Pro Shops (Outdoor World) is an outdoor recreation goods retailer offering the widest selection of outdoor gear across North America. The retailer was looking for a dynamic medium to provide in-store promotions on products that were specific to its three major departments: hunting, fishing, and boating. In addition, Bass Pro Shops wanted to operate the digital signage network themselves and air context-specific material produced in-house.
- X2O Media delivered a solution that allows Bass Pro Shops to play out their professionally produced video and graphics content at the highest-possible quality. With the X2O Xpresenter platform, Bass Pro Shops can directly update content on one specific screen within a store, in only one part of the screen among several screens within a store (e.g., a crawling ticker displaying the same information on all screens), on multiple screens within a geographic region, or simultaneously on all screens in the network.
- "We're pleased to be honored by POPAI for the Bass Pro Shops digital signage network, and particularly to have won the 'Viewers Choice' award, where our peers voted for their favorite project," said David Wilkins, X2O Media President and CEO. "With our Xpresenter platform, X2O continues to deliver an end-to-end digital signage solution that includes easy-to-use tools, the highest quality output in the industry, and unprecedented content services."
- The X2O Media Xpresenter platform includes content authoring, scheduling, distribution, and remote management applications. It allows PowerPoint users to produce broadcast-quality graphics that incorporate animations, clip-art galleries, video clips, and real-time data sources — all without ever leaving the PowerPoint interface. Version 2.5 adds several enhancements, including a new release of the Xpresenter Server, new versions of centralized Web-based content management tools, and other Web-based services.
- POPAI's 2009 Digital Signage Awards were presented at the Marketing at Retail Awards Gala, which took place on Tuesday, March 24, 2009, during GlobalShop held in Las Vegas.