The What: Audinate, the inventors of Dante, an interoperable digital media networking solution, announced that the Dante Controller software is now available for a free upgrade download.
Dante Controller software allows end users to set up and manage audio routes in a network of Dante-enabled devices.
The What Else: V3.4.0 provides a new toolset to better monitor and tune the audio network. It includes:· Dante Controller application support of Windows 8 OS (32 or 64 bit)
· Channel Metering - indicates if audio is present on a given connection and running at a proper audio range
· Multicast bandwidth display - indicates the current multicast audio network bandwidth
· Clock Health Monitoring - detects and provides a warning if a device is at risk of losing sync with the master clock
· Event View - a new ability to monitor the network status, including warning and details of problematic network configuration, communication errors, or other unexpected problems
· Mute status - shows if a device has been automatically muted due to clock sync issues
The Bottom Line: Dante is built on IT standards, and is a complete media networking solution. Dante delivers a low-latency, tightly synchronized, sample-accurate playback, while simplifying installation and configuration of AV networks.