CLEARWATER, FL--Tech Data Corporation announced a services distribution agreement with TechTurn. TechTurn’s services enable resellers to provide their customers with easy, cost-effective, secure and environmentally sound solutions for disposing of IT equipment, including desktops, notebooks, servers, storage devices and displays. TechTurn services are available through Tech Data’s TDOnCall technical services team.
“All technology users face challenges when disposing of used, obsolete or otherwise unwanted IT equipment,” said Tech Data vice president, hovernment, healthcare and technical services Barb Miller. “Greater green awareness and laws nationwide prevent people from sending old computers to the landfill. Security concerns, compliance with regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPPA, and the threat of litigation make it difficult for users to confidently dispose of devices that store sensitive information. With a partner like TechTurn, resellers can help their customers retire old hardware in a secure and environmentally friendly manner.”
“Our services are a great complement to the solutions Tech Data’s customers provide to end users in both the public and private sectors,” said Jeff Zeigler, TechTurn’s CEO. “As influencers of so many technology purchases, resellers have a tremendous opportunity to build their services revenue by offering TechTurn services when they sell new hardware to their customers. TechTurn will work closely with the TDOnCall team to reach out to the tens of thousands of Tech Data reseller customers nationwide and educate them about the value of adding our services to their offerings.”
From its two ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 facilities, TechTurn makes the entire asset recovery process convenient and easy for resellers and their customers. TechTurn employs a zero-landfill practice by refurbishing and reselling, or completely recycling, all the IT equipment it receives. TechTurn recently earned the world’s first R2/RIOS certification for electronics recycling. The company also provides secure hard drive data erasure using procedures that meet U.S. Department of Defense standards, and detailed reporting, including certificates of data erasure and disposal for all assets.
TechTurn services available through Tech Data include:
* Asset Recovery And Rebuilding – For each asset received, data is erased, asset tags are removed and the value of hardware is assessed. Some items are rebuilt for resale by TechTurn, an authorized Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows Server® reseller. Others are used for parts or recycled.
* Logistics – TechTurn arranges for packaging and discounted shipping to its nearest processing center. For more sensitive assets, TechTurn can arrange for secure, sealed trucks to pick up IT assets from the user’s location.
* Recycling – TechTurn uses the strictest standards to break down assets into base materials for recycling in accordance with environmental laws and regulations, and in compliance with its R2/RIOS certification.
* Redeployment – TechTurn will receive, test and diagnose, remove all data, re-image and rebuild systems for redeployment and continued use by the owner, extending the life of the equipment and increasing the return on their technology investment.
* Lease Return Processing – TechTurn can help users manage their leased equipment, ensuring all assets are returned on time and in compliance with the terms of the lease.
To learn more, call TDOnCall at 800-237-8931, ext. 64257, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.tdoncall.com.