High Resolution Systems' HRS Control Pro has gone live in Apple’s App Store.
- The new app for High Resolution Systems’ UDC (Universal Device Controller) software gives users of Apple devices another interface option.
- “We’re big supporters of the Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) trend, which finds customers using Apple iPads, Apple iPhones, Apple iPod Touch and other tablets and smart phones for AV control,” said High Resolution’s Drew Taylor. “Customers have been using our web-server feature for these devices. But now Apple users have their own dedicated app, HRS Control Pro, for extended control of all versions of iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch in landscape and portrait modes.”
- The new app follows the debut of a Windows 8 client controller app for extended control of Windows-enabled devices.
- Both the Apple and Windows controller apps offer the ability to download different UDC configurations and store them for offline viewing. “This allows customers to use them in a demo mode; it’s a very useful sales tool,” said Taylor.
- Taylor notes that it’s the goal of High Resolution Systems to “support any tablet or smart phone – to leave the options wide open for the customer to use any hardware they choose as their control platform. We advocate giving the customer the flexibility to get really creative about how they integrate hardware.”