NEW YORK, NY--LDI 2006, the entertainment technology industry's largest annual U.S. tradeshow and conference, today announced an expanded roster of audio training, demonstration and education programs for entertainment technology professionals. LDI 2006, produced by Prism Business Media, will take place October 16-22, 2006 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"Today's live event professionals are often called upon to use a cross-section of lighting, projection and audio equipment, and they face the challenge of keeping up with rapidly changing technology, " said Sharon Morabito, group show director for LDI 2006. "Professionals working in virtually any type of "live performance" application, including theater, houses of worship, corporate presentations/events, concerts, the hospitality industry or film, must adapt to changing audio requirements and options. LDI 2006 has expanded and focused its audio-related offerings to help meet this need."
Audio-related programs will include:
* ET LIVE Outdoor Concert Stages Adjacent to the Exhibit Hall: Attendees at LDI will have the opportunity to see and hear live entertainment demonstrations of concert sound products in a real world performance stage environment, presented by some of the world's top manufacturers including Loudspeakers (A-Line Acoustics, d&b audiotechnik, Eastern Acoustic Works, JBL Professional, Meyer Sound, QSC Audio), Consoles (DiGiCo, Digidesign, EAW, InnovaSon, Soundcraft, Studer), Staging (Mega Stage, Mobile Stage Rentals, Stage Line, Stage Pro Mobile Stages) Amps (d&b audiotechnik, Crown, QSC, JBL and Meyer Sound), Cable/Snake (Link USA), Microphones (AKG, Shure ), Power (Aggreko), Signal Processing (BSS Audio, dbx Professional), Pryo (Sigma Services). To view photos of ET Live from 2005, or to see a full list of equipment, go to www.ldishow.com (ET Live Tab).
* Backstage Las Vegas 2006: Participants will be able to peek behind the scenes at Cirque du Soleil's LOVE and KA and The Blue Man Group at the Venetian. LOVE, which celebrates the musical legacy of the Beatles, features a unique soundscape of the Beatles' music created by Sir George Martin and Giles Martin, using master tapes from the Abbey Road studios.
* Sound Tracks: This program offers a full day of professional audio education including digital audio, automation techniques, troubleshooting and implementation of big sound rigs for concert tours and other large applications.
* The LDInstitute will feature intensive pre-conference workshops that allow professionals to explore specific entertainment technologies and topics in detail. Specific titles of interest include Basic SFX Audio Software from Stage Research or SmaartLive Fundamentals.
* Spend the Day With Jon Gottleib, Top Audio Designer: In a program developed exclusively for LDI, a select group of attendees will spend an entire day with Jon Gottleib, resident sound designer for the Mark Taper Forum and the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles. Mr. Gottleib has been heard on and off Broadway, including Terence McNally's Tony award-winning Master Class.
For a press badge to attend the show or for information on exhibition and other marketing opportunities at LDI 2006, contact Betsy Carballo, marketing manager at (720) 489-3145 (email@example.com) or visit www.ldishow.com.