Scala launched yesterday the new version of InfoChannel 5 release 3 at Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas, NV.
New features in this release include:
- InfoChannel now has a new high-performance video-playback engine that provides faster videos playback, including 60fps video, and HD video on suitable hardware
- InfoChannel now supports playback of H.264 (MPEG-4) video files. H.264 offers high visual quality at a smaller file size than MPEG-2 or WMV files
- You can create text in languages such as Arabic, Thai, Hebrew, Hindi, Vietnamese, and other complex writing systems
- The new Broadcast Server module for InfoChannel Content Manager allows you to distribute content and plans to players using a multicast or package delivery network
Support for playing and controlling external audio sources from the "Line Input" of a sound card
- When setting up a dual-channel player, you can now configure the PC's displays to be in spanning / stretched mode, which performs better and looks cleaner than using two independent displays
- Support for text-entry field elements from the Buttons panel allowing you to create interactive applications that take keyboard input
- Publishing individual files that are bigger than 4GB is now supported
- InfoChannel Content Manager is now significantly faster when dealing with larger networks
- In InfoChannel Content Manager, sub-playlists can be easily created by multi-selecting media items and clicking Create Sub-Playlist
- Text elements using variables, and text crawls now support in-line and adjacent style changes for font, color, italics, size, etc.
- In InfoChannel Content Manager, you can now "synchronize players" instead of "generating plans", and the new Distribution screen efficiently manages this for both conventional and broadcast connections.
"It's going to be an exciting show this year," says Andrea Waldin, Director of Marketing for Scala. "Our booth is designed to highlight the success the digital signage industry is experiencing throughout the world."