- Today, LiteTouch announced the upcoming release of their Remote Base Antenna for use with new and existing LiteTouch lighting control systems.
- This new product offers wireless system expansion to all 5000LC and FIVEk Central Control Units (CCU) that have been installed in the last 12 years; 5000LC: 1998-2009, FIVEk CCU: 2009-Current. The antenna acts as an extension to the CCU, adding wireless communication capabilities so that system owners can add lighting loads that were not included in the original installation, including the addition of Lamp Modules.
- LiteTouch Remote Base Antenna Features:
- Powerful Wireless Range - 200 ft. radius per antenna, with multiple antennas allowed per system.
- Large System Expansion - Each Remote Base Antenna can communicate to up to 64 Hybrid Wall Box Dimmers or Lamp Modules for a wireless system maximum of 256 units. Mix and match LiteTouch Hybrid equipment with traditional home-run equipment and load maximums carry into the thousands.
- Lifetime Support Guarantee - Compatible with all LiteTouch 5000LC and FIVEk CCUs, whether sold today or installed more than a decade ago. No new software or required training.
The company says that the LiteTouch Hybrid Product Line is the only RF wireless communication lighting control on the market to offer expanded wireless range and system size without the aid of short-range repeaters or additional processors which can slow down system speed. The unit is directly connected to the LiteTouch CCU, bridging communication between the Hybrid Wall Box Dimmer or Lamp Module and the LiteTouch CCU with speed comparable to any wired system on the market.
With the addition of the Remote Base Antenna, any home can be outfitted with the highest quality, feature rich, customizable lighting control product on the market – even if the home is not brand new. “In the last few years, the retrofit market has seen an influx of lighting control products that offer limited features, assuming retrofit homeowners require less functionality. With LiteTouch wireless products, dealers can now offer all of the power, speed and functionality of a traditional LiteTouch system in a retrofit application”, said Angie Larson, LiteTouch Vice President of Sale & Marketing.