Projectiondesign has won most innovative install-grade projector at the Systems Contractor News (SCN) / InfoComm 2010 Awards.
- The FR12 Remote Light Source (RLS) DLP projector series from Norway' projectiondesign has won most innovative install-grade projector at the Systems Contractor News (SCN) / InfoComm 2010 Awards.
- The award was presented by SCN Editor, Kirsten Nelson to Anders Løkke, International Marketing & Communications Manager, projectiondesign, at the official awards ceremony held at the InfoComm 2010 trade show at the Las Vegas
- Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
- Kirsten explains: “This award is given to the most innovative installation grade projector in its class and the awards program is specifically designed to recognize the industry's great technology introductions during 2009.”
- Hailed by users, integrators, contractors, consultants and media alike as one of the most exciting projector innovations in recent times, the FR12 relocates the lamp from the projector to a rack-mount enclosure that can be positioned up to 30 meters (100ft) from the projector head, with light passing from source to head via an innovative Liquid Light Guide™ (LLG).
Anders Løkke, International Marketing & Communications Manager at projectiondesign, adds: “Winning this award for our latest innovation is a terrific accolade. The FR12 Remote Light Source projector is an ideal choice for any application where operating noise and heat management are likely to be issues, or where projector access is limited, and maintenance is a major undertaking. Needless to say, it is perfectly suited for complex installations, and for instance situations where the projector is nearby operators, like in space limited control room applications.”Development of the FR12 was undertaken in close collaboration with Texas Instruments (TI) DLP® products. Kent Novak, Senior VP and General Manager of DLP®, comments: “To us, projectiondesign has always displayed innovation, and this new Remote Light Source technology is only the latest example of how well the company can think - quite literally - outside of the box. It is a pleasure to work with projectiondesign and we look forward to seeing just how far the FR12 can take DLP® projectors into unique installation environments.”
For further information about this and other leading products please visit www.projectiondesign.com