- LONG BEACH, CA and SILVER SPRING, MD--Epson America has partnered with Discovery Education to provide interactive learning courses for teachers, educators and administrators that take advantage of Epson’s latest technology, the BrightLink 450Wi interactive projector. These courses will demonstrate proven instructional strategies and techniques for using the new BrightLink 450Wi interactive projector with interactive presentation tools, Google tools, Web 2.0 applications, and Discovery Education’s digital content to engage today’s students in rich learning experiences.
- “The Epson BrightLink 450Wi interactive projector transforms the education market because it provides an interactive solution that is open – allowing any school or teacher to leverage the content, tools and applications that bring classroom lessons alive and help each student live up to their fullest academic potential,” said Scott Kinney, vice president, global outreach and learning initiatives, Discovery Education. “Discovery Education and Epson believe it is not enough to provide educators the latest digital content and tools. To maximize these resources takes effective professional development as only Discovery Education and Epson can provide.”
- Discovery Education offers engaging digital resources to schools with the goal of empowering educators, engaging students, and ultimately improving student academic achievement. Available in June, Discovery Education will add four additional professional development courses to their repertoire focused on training teachers how to effectively use and integrate the Epson BrightLink 450Wi into their classrooms instruction. These courses include:
- - BrightLink and Web 2.0 applications
- - BrightLink and Discovery Education digital content
- - BrightLink and interactive presentation tools
- - BrightLink and Google tools
“Too often districts invest in new technologies and do not appropriately train teachers to take advantage of all that these technologies can offer in the classroom. Prior discussions on interactive whiteboards were often around how the boards were under utilized instead of how they were transforming education,” said Rajeev Mishra, director, Epson Projection, Epson America. “By partnering with Discovery, we are enlisting some of the most enlightened professional development experts in education to share cutting edge tools for making classrooms interactive, 21st Century learning environments.”