BICSI (www.bicso.org) introduces a critical makeover of the ITS Cabling Installation Program. Three new installation courses and credentials with specialized emphasis on copper and optical fiber will help professionals keep up with the constant innovations, trends and emerging technologies in cabling installation.The ITS Cabling Installation Program focuses education on BICSI best practices and hands-on skills instruction for the installation, termination, splicing, testing and retrofitting of copper and optical fiber cable. Upon completion of each course, students have the option to take an exam for certification.
New courses include:
- IN225: BICSI ITS Installer 2, Copper Training Course
- Provides the foundations of a copper-based structured cabling system installation and gives students a competitive distinction by allowing them to showcase their skills as a copper system specialist. It requires at least one year of previous ITS industry experience. After passing the exam for this course, individuals will receive the BICSI ITS Installer 2, Copper credential.
- IN250: BICSI ITS Installer 2, Optical Fiber Training Course
- Provides the necessary skills to handle the cabling systems of today and tomorrow. It requires at least two years of previous ITS industry experience. Students completing this course will be able to distinguish themselves as an expert of optical fiber cabling installations. After passing the exam for this course, individuals will receive the BICSI ITS Installer 2, Optical Fiber credential and are given the option of sitting for the Fiber Optic Association (FOA) exam and certification.
- TE350: BICSI ITS Technician Training Course
- Through study of specialized systems and advanced topics of splicing, testing, and troubleshooting copper and optical fiber structured cabling systems, students will be able to take their performance to the next level as a structured cabling systems technician. It requires that applicants have at least three years of ITS industry experience which includes fiber and copper installations. After passing the exam for this course, individuals will receive the BICSI ITS Technician credential.