- One of the more interesting things on the InfoComm agenda next month:
- Insight Media and InfoComm International have teamed up to produce a new 3D event called 3D Comm. 3D Comm will be held during the regular exhibition hours at InfoComm 2010, June 9-11 in Las Vegas.
- 3D Comm will consist of three elements:
- * 3D Technology Pavilion
- * 3D Technology Showcase
- * 3D Technology Seminars
- The 3D Technology Pavilion includes dedicated exhibit space in the Las Vegas Convention Center?s North Hall, which will showcase a cluster of 3D exhibits and demonstrations. This will create a destination area for those interested in 3D products and services. Exhibitors of 3D content acquisition hardware and software, content management, compression and distribution of 3D display systems and other aspects of consumer and professional 3D will exhibit in this area.
- The 3D Technology Showcase is a purpose-built area adjacent to the 3D Technology Pavilion area that will be used for themed, new, unique or special purpose 3D demonstrations. Examples of concepts include a 3D classroom, a comparison of 3D technologies, a 3D public venue simulation or a 3D home theater.
- The 3D Technology Seminars will be run outside the exhibition floor in a classroom setting. These 60-90 minute sessions will focus on providing unbiased information on many aspects of the 3D ecosystem, helping attendees gain critical knowledge about technology, markets, applications and uses of 3D. These will be taught by 3D experts and will be offered in a range of levels. For the seminar agenda, and the list of presenters, click on:
The 3D Pavilion and 3D Showcase are included in the InfoComm 2010 exhibits registration. The 3D Seminars will have an additional attendance fee.
“We think the timing is right for an event of this nature,” noted Insight Media President Chris Chinnock. “There is much interest in 3D in theaters and in professional applications, and InfoComm dealers, designers and VARS cover these areas. They will need to know more about the trends in 3D, the business opportunities 3D will create and the best ways to capitalize on them. And, just as importantly, they will need practical hands-on experience in designing, building, installing and running 3D solutions. The comprehensive approach we have taken in developing the three aspects of this event is designed to deliver on this need.”
InfoComm and Insight Media will also continue to team up on Projection Summit, which will be held June 7-8, 2010, at the Las Vegas Hilton. This event will bring together business leaders, marketing professionals and technology managers from the big screen display value chain.