CEDAR RAPIDS, IA--NSCA announced the winners of its 2010 Excellence in Business Awards today:
• LIVE! Technologies Inc. will receive the Professional Development award
• Xerox Audio Visual Solutions is being honored for its Marketing Strategies
• SIGNET Electronic Systems, Inc. will receive the Philanthropic Contributions award
• D&L Communication Systems, Inc. is the recipient of the Growth Strategies award
“Despite the fact that the past 12 to 18 months have been extremely challenging for many companies, NSCA received more applications for these awards this year than ever before,” said Chuck Wilson, NSCA executive director. “It was exciting to read the submissions and realize how extremely talented and creative the business owners are in our industry. The winners and numerous applicants are a positive sign for the future electronic systems.”
This year’s recipients used creative, visionary strategies to build successful business models and receive the distinct honor of an NSCA Excellence in Business Award.
• LIVE! Technologies Inc., winner of the Professional Development Award, encourages employees to outline their long-term professional goals. The company then uses these personal goals to create individual plans encompassing a variety of professional development and training. Incorporating this plan into employees’ regular routines and meetings with managers allows LIVE!’s in-house trainer to develop and monitor individual progress and success. The company understands that an investment in professional development not only increases employee satisfaction and loyalty, but also increases customer satisfaction as well.
• Since 2005, Xerox Audio Visual Solutions (formerly Southern Business Communications) has experienced 30 percent annual revenue growth in one of its primary vertical markets — in many ways due to its marketing focus. Recognizing the need for specialization, and realizing that the organization could not be everything to everyone, Xerox Audio Visual Solutions went through a period of internal evaluation and research to discover its strengths and weaknesses, as well as to promote staff certification through professional development and training programs.
• Success typically means meeting business goals, but at SIGNET, winner of the Philanthropic Contributions Award, company goals also include successful community relations. The effect of several employee deaths and their founder united employees through a variety of charitable causes. These efforts led to the establishment of a Community Service Committee to maximize employee participation in community service. SIGNET supports many local organizations as well as national organizations important to employees. These philanthropic activities provide support for meaningful causes and bring together employees and their families throughout the business day or a year-long campaign.
• After finding success primarily in its local healthcare market with video and data products, D& L Communication Systems, Inc. decided to implement new strategies to grow the business and the bottom line. The company pursued new customers at a national level; obtained a GSA Schedule; and focused on partnerships with customers, vendors and a medical planning consultant. These strategies helped D&L increase its customer base by 30 to 50 percent each year for the past six years as well as increase sales by more than 600 percent.
Systems integrators who showed exemplary and successful business strategies were selected to receive an Excellence in Business Award from self- or peer-nominated applications. Award winners receive one complimentary admission to the NSCA Business & Leadership Conference, February 25-27, in West Palm Beach, FL, as well as recognition during the opening ceremonies.