Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is showing its SMART Signage Video Walls with Color Expert technology at the 2015 Digital Signage Expo. Samsung will be in Booth #1813 at the Las Vegas Convention Center from March 11-12. The company Samsung has also acquired YESCO Electronics, a LED sign and display manufacturer.
Seamless Video Walls with Advanced Color Expert Technology
All Samsung video wall displays shipped in 2015 will be applied with Samsung Color Expert technology that is calibrated at the factory. Factory calibration is designed to ensure uniformity for usage after installation. In addition to factory calibration, Color Expert also includes an ACM chipset and user calibration software in case customers want precise color settings beyond the factory calibration.
Samsung Color Expert technology ensures uniformity of brightness as well as uniformity of a single display and across multiple displays. Color Expert technology also manages the white balance and grey scale calibration of each display. The ACM chipset makes the uniformity possible as it enables the display to remember the accurate color.
Small Signage Solutions to Drive Interactivity
Samsung offers a range of small-form factor digital signage solutions and will feature its SMART Signage Platform. These displays do not require an external media player. The Samsung small signage solutions include:
- The DB22D-P, a 21.5-inch Full HD commercial display rated for use up to 16-hours daily. Roughly the size of a sheet of tabloid paper, it offers a smart replacement for small static posters used in retail, public spaces or corporate environments.
- The DB22D-T adds touch for interactive applications. With up to 10 points of simultaneous touch, it, allows guests to tap, swipe and scroll to access information.
- The DB10D, a 10.1-inch commercial display ideal for shelf-level advertising or cash register signage in retail or meeting room signage.
Solutions for High Ambient Light
The Samsung OMD Series LED-lit LCD displays convey text and bright graphics in high ambient light environments and outdoor applications, including transportation facilities, banking and retail storefronts, sports arenas, quick service restaurants and convention centers.
At 2,500 nits, the OMD Series displays offer a contrast ratio of 5,000:1 for delivery of visual messaging. All OMD Series displays are equipped with Samsung’s circular polarizing technology, which allows for viewing content on the display while wearing polarized sunglasses. The Samsung high-brightness signage solutions include:
- The OMD-W Series, designed for high ambient light indoor environments where brightness and visibility are the main requirements, such as a retail storefront window. These displays have thin bezels of 9.3mm and under.
- The OMD-K Series, a panel kit for installing the display within a customized housing in an outdoor environment for all-weather durability, such as drive-thru locations, wayfinding kiosks and entertainment venues. The panels are VESA compliant to easily mount inside a custom enclosure.