- PLASA 2010 sees leading LED screen manufacturer Lighthouse Technologies launch DuoLED, a new creative product, into the market.
- DuoLED is a lightweight mesh product that has all the advantages of transparency and ease of handling, but with an extra benefit. As the name suggest, DuoLED is a dual mode product. It can be used as a mesh screen but, with the simple flick of a switch, can also be used as a standard display panel.
- The second mode is achieved by a revolutionary set of shutters, which close behind the mesh and give the panels a solid appearance.
- Available in 12mm and 18mm pixel pitch versions, DuoLED is ideal for large format indoor or outdoor displays, with a brightness of 5,000 nits, accurate reproduction of 281 trillion colours and IP65 ingress protection rating. Each panel of both types measures 576mm square, is less than 150mm deep and weighs less than 9 kg, making DuoLED screens of any size easy and fast to build.
- Lighthouse’s industry-leading contrast and colour uniformity technology means that the images produced by DuoLED, in either mode, are sharp and lifelike. Most importantly, the dual use of the panels means that rental companies no longer need to stock both mesh and standard panels.
- “DuoLED is a revolutionary product, which we believe will have a significant impact on the large format screen market,” says Lighthouse general manager, Peter Chan. “The implications of cost and warehouse space for rental companies needing to stock both mesh and standard LED panels are considerable, then there is the problem of potential differences in colour reproduction and image quality if both types are used together.
- “DuoLED not only removes all these problems, but can flip between mesh and standard operation in an instant, providing rental companies with the ultimate in flexibility.”
- DuoLED will be on demonstration at the Lighthouse stand, 1-H8, with the company’s LED display experts on hand to explain the many advantages of this revolutionary product.
Lighthouse Technologies Limited is a global leader in LED display technology that develops, manufactures, and markets LED video display solutions for multiple indoor & outdoor applications, media and entertainment events, and sports arenas across the globe. With numerous technological breakthroughs to its name, Lighthouse has established itself as a multi award-winning leader in the LED display industry that holds itself to the highest standards of quality.Founded in 1998, Lighthouse has a strong global presence with regional offices in Europe, North and South America, the Asia Pacific and China. Employing the most advanced technology, the highest manufacturing facilities, and world-class, round-the-clock technical support, Lighthouse satisfied customers on every major continent, captivating the imagination of millions. For more information about Lighthouse, please visit www.lighthouse-tech.com