UK digital solutions manufacturer DiGiCo has now released V685, the latest software upgrade for its range of digital mixing consoles. DiGiCo's proprietary Stealth Digital Processing allows for the new features with each new software version for live, broadcast and theatre applications.
- Increased Buss count for the SD9 from 16 to 24 Flexi Busses
- SD11i/B input channel count increased from 32 to 40 Flexi Channels
- Support for Optocore DD4MR, DD2FR, X6R and DD32R devices in audio I/O
- Any SD5, SD8, SD9, SD10 and SD11 running Waves 9.5 will now have 32
stereo Waves racks
- The availability of Aux Sends on Groups in the live and theatre versions
- Support for the D-Rack AES input card and the addition of the D2 Rack as an I/O device
For theatrical environments, the Relative Faders in Cue Groups is now a Macro command; Auxes, Groups and Matrix channels can now be added to channel sets; and Channel Cues now defaults to showing names.
And for broadcast applications, Backstop PFL is now functional on output busses, plus there is a new option on the SD7B and SD10B for Speaker Mute to do Dim.
"Waves is happy to provide the increasing number of DiGiCo SoundGrid MultiRack users the added benefit of doubling their rack capacity," comments Mick Olesh, Waves EVP Sales and Marketing. "Increasing the number of racks provides DiGiCo SoundGrid users the capability of running 32 racks of Waves and third party plugins to their workflow."
"It was always our intention to ensure that our SD range of consoles was as future-proof as we could possibly make it," adds DiGiCo Managing Director James Gordon. "We believe we have a comprehensive range of consoles currently on the market that deliver exactly what our customers need and want, whatever the changing demands of their use requires. Being able to deliver such substantial upgrades again and again means that they should stay that way."