The digital signage design and equipment provider teams involved in winning entries of the DIGI Awards are invited to participate in a special panel discussion to be held during the Digital Signage Expo held in Chicago, May 17th at 4:30pm. The panel will address "Bringing It All Together", DIGI Award Winners Share What It Takes to Implement a Winning Digital Signage Project." Members of the winning teams can contact David Keene at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Judges for the 2007 DIGI Awards were: David Keene, Executive Editor of Digital Signage Quarterly, and the DIGI Awards Judges Panel Chairman; Alan Brawn, Principal, Brawn Consulting; Bill Collins, principal of Decision Point Media Insights; Ed Weil, Sourcebook Director-Content, Inc. magazine; and Kurt Witzel, Sr. Manager, Retail Marketing, Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Winners of the third annual DIGI Awards, which honor outstanding performance in the digital signage industry, were announced last week. The DIGI Awards, produced by Digital Signage Quarterly magazine with The Digital Signage Group, are the only industry awards that recognize the outstanding resellers, dealers and integrators of digital signage. This year's sponsors included Minicom Advanced Systems, Peerless Industries, Samsung America and the Digital Signage Quarterly.
The 2007 DIGI Awards honor 13 winners in five categories: Retail, Corporate, Transportation, Education/Healthcare, and Judges' Choice. This year's DIGI Awards winners are:
Retail Application, Local Campaign:
* Be Media for Saleen, Inc. An elegant, image-enhancement based flat panel display wall for a luxury auto dealership.
Retail Application, National Campaign:
* Draftfcb, for Nokia. Interactive system for cellular phone retail store, with both in-store and street-level signage, and featuring working phones that trigger signage features when lifted from bases.
Retail Application, with Interactive and/or Tracking feature:
* DSX Media, for Walnut Valley Garden Center. Unique system for commercial (plant/garden) nurseries that lets customers call up their lots on Google Earth to get detailed info for help in selecting products.
Retail, New Product Award:
* Ovation In Store, for Fisher Price. "I Can Play Piano". Interactive, to help children learn piano.
Corporate Application, Excellence in Creativity:
* MULTIMEDIALED, for WLS/ABC channel 7. Flowing "banner" LED wall outside Chicago TV station.
Corporate Application, Excellence in Technology:
* Hospitality Partners, for Hyatt Regency Chicago. Robust system with 103 inch plasma, and featuring mobile flat panels.
Transportation Application, Excellence in Creativity:
* Digiboard for the Turkish Airport, Istanbul. Ad-based system provides revenue base to anchor news, weather, security updates.
Transportation Application, Excellence in Technology:
* Siemens Nederland N.V., for Information Product Portfolio on Stations. Spans several northern EU countries.
Education/Healthcare Application, Excellence in Creativity:
* GestureTek, for Next Generation Pediatrics. Unique interactive system uses ceiling-mount projection to entertain children waiting for doctor's appointment.
Education/Healthcare Application, Excellence in Technology:
* Multi-Media Solutions, for the University of Tennessee Football Hall of Fame. Video-rich system incorporates huge base of archival footage, and broadcast capabilities.
Judges' Choice Award:
Awarded to the Ralph Lauren Interactive Group, for their contribution to the industry with a variety of cutting edge digital signage applications, including the US Open Interactive Experience, and the Polo Ralph Lauren RLX Interactive Shopping Experience in Manhattan.