- Digital Projection International (DPI), a manufacturer of high-performance projection systems, has announced an agreement with Indian entertainment icon, K Sera Sera, for the sale and installation of 400 full HD projection systems in India. The initial rollout of 400 HIGHlite projectors represents the first stage of a much larger cumulative deployment. Digital Signage for the Cinema market, including ad-based systems, is as big a market in India as it is in other countries, so this development is significant.
- K Sera Sera, a stock exchange listed public limited company based in Mumbai, India, is the Indian media and entertainment icon specializing in the production and distribution of films to the Hindi Cinema market. K Sera Sera combines proprietary technology and creative talent to develop and distribute feature length films, ad films and television programs.
- K Sera Sera has worked to bring Digital Cinema to the masses by combining film entertainment and e-learning. K Sera Sera’s mission is to open 500 state of the art miniplexes with 1000 screens in urban and semi-urban locations across India. Each miniplex will have two screens with a minimum capacity of 75 and maximum 125 seat facility.
- "We have two key goals which I and the rest of the KSS team hope to achieve within the next three year,” said Sanjay Gupta, K Sera Sera CEO. “One is to bring technically advanced viewing to the masses in India. The other is to fulfill the company's corporate social responsibility, by integrating high level interactive education capabilities to the urban Indian population”
- “We are confident that our goals will be achieved, and we are very much looking forward to working with Digital Projection today and in the future,” Gupta said.
- Nick Cottiss, Digital Projection Internationals' Sales and Marketing director, offered, “With our extensive experience in the Indian market we fully understand the demands made for market leading projects such as that initiated by K Sera Sera.”
- “The projectors have to be purposefully designed for both the environment and the audiences viewing pleasure. This all has to be supported by a 24/7 service and support operation using an extensive network of tried and tested fully trained engineers from Image Engineering,” Cottiss said.
- Digital Projection’s 3-chip DLP HIGHlite projector line will be deployed for the application.
For more information, www.digitalprojection.com/