The Computer Outlook Talk Show and the CompTIA Educational Foundation have created a new show series that will sample and discuss the training and educational opportunities available to underprivileged and under-represented individuals, who normally could not afford the training on their own to work in the IT industry.
- Hosted by Computer Outlook's John Iasiuolo and co-hosted by CompTIA Educational Foundation President and CEO John Venator and Executive Director Dennis Zimmerman, the series titled "Advancing the IT Workforce: CompTIA," will air on the second Wednesday of each month starting February 10th, 2010. Each month will feature a specialized CompTIA guest who will share with Computer Outlook's growing listening audience, valuable information about the educational programs already in place, working to stimulate a pr! oductive IT workforce.
- CompTIA is known worldwide as the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications, with its Educational Foundation providing education and training for at-risk youth, dislocated workers, disabled workers, and veterans transitioning out of the military. The series' co-hosts, John Venator and Dennis Zimmerman bring more than 25 years of industry knowledge and experience to the program.
- "Our industry needs new blood as we continue to grow and technology advances. In 2009, we trained a record 825 individuals in need to launch their IT careers," said Venator. "We're out to break that record this year, and with this partnership with Computer Outlook, we hope to broaden awareness to all demographics and geographic regions on how people can get started in the robust IT industry."
- "I am so excited to be able to do this show with CompTIA," said John Iasiuolo, Host of Computer Outlook Talk Show. "I knew after attending their breakaway conference here in Las Vegas last year that I wanted the Computer Outlook to be part of their efforts to bring education and certifications to people in the IT Industry as well as those wanting to join the IT Industry."
- The Computer Outlook Talk Show's series "Advancing the IT Workforce: CompTIA," with John Venator and Dennis Zimmerman will debut Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm PST, and will air the second Wednesday of every month. For listings of where the show is aired and available podcast portals, visit: www.computeroutlook.com .