In a special session to take place on Day 1 of the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas next week, industry veteran Lyle Bunn will moderate a panel of top software company representatives, to help demystify software selection and help to clarify how features and supply approaches differ.
The Software Panel will take place, Feb 27th, Session #28, 3-4PM in Room N251 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The Technology Track of Digital Signage Expo is sponsored by Digital Signage Magazine.
Software is the engine of digital signage but apples to oranges comparisons make it a challenge to select the right software. Helping to demystify software selection and clarify how features and supply approaches differ, will be Panelists:
- Brian Dusho, BroadSign
- Jeff Porter, Scala
- Bill Trainor, Capital Networks
- Stuart Armstrong, Enqii
- Jeff Collard, Omnivex
This Software panel will be entirely Q&A (questions from moderator Lyle Bunn followed by questions from the audience), and will key topics such as:
- What applets do software providers generally see being written to ad value to you’re their software?
- To what extent are applets for POS integration, inventory management or compliance reporting being added?,
- Is ASP model an advantage or a disadvantage?
- With the need for Monitoring, troubleshooting and auditing - how scalable is the software?
- Playback PC vs set top box: pros and cons
- Windows vs: Linux ?
- HD vs. Standard Def?
- What are typical training requirements for the AV Integrator and end user?
- Does a network integrator or operator have to become an expert in the software?
For more information: