- In a special session to take place on Day 1 of the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas next week, industry veteran Lyle Bunn will moderate a panel of top software company representatives, to help demystify software selection and help to clarify how features and supply approaches differ.
- The Software Panel will take place, Feb 27th, Session #28, 3-4PM in Room N251 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- The Technology Track of Digital Signage Expo is sponsored by Digital Signage Magazine.
- Software is the engine of digital signage but apples to oranges comparisons make it a challenge to select the right software. Helping to demystify software selection and clarify how features and supply approaches differ, will be Panelists:
- Brian Dusho, BroadSign
- Jeff Porter, Scala
- Bill Trainor, Capital Networks
- Stuart Armstrong, Enqii
- Jeff Collard, Omnivex
This Software panel will be entirely Q&A (questions from moderator Lyle Bunn followed by questions from the audience), and will key topics such as:
- What applets do software providers generally see being written to ad value to you’re their software?
- To what extent are applets for POS integration, inventory management or compliance reporting being added?,
- Is ASP model an advantage or a disadvantage?
- With the need for Monitoring, troubleshooting and auditing - how scalable is the software?
- Playback PC vs set top box: pros and cons
- Windows vs: Linux ?
- HD vs. Standard Def?
- What are typical training requirements for the AV Integrator and end user?
- Does a network integrator or operator have to become an expert in the software?
For more information: