- CEDAR RAPIDS, IA--The National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) honored industry professionals whose individual commitments to excellence have had a significant influence on the industry during a special award ceremony on June 10 at InfoComm 2010 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Rose L. Shure, chairman of Shure Incorporated, is the recipient of NSCA’s 2010 Per Haugen Lifetime Achievement Award. With more than 60 years of dedicated service and support for the audio industry, Mrs. Shure’s commitment to the future of the commercial electronic systems industry has helped the company earn the highest respect from its product users and channel partners. She has also led Shure to become a leader in philanthropic opportunities and social responsibility.
- "I'm very honored to have been given this award,” Shure said. “Really, it doesn't belong to me; it should go to my husband [Sidney N. Shure], who founded and built this company. I am pleased to accept this in his memory."
- A special award was also presented to Ray Bailey, president of Lone Star Communications Inc. A long-time supporter of the association, Bailey is a member of the NSCA Board of Directors and has spent much of his time developing NSCA’s SystemsPlus Insurance Solutions program to help industry professionals combat the rising costs of doing business through economical, industry-specific insurance offerings.
- “NSCA members have made a significant impact on the industry during the last year through their commitment to increase the level of professionalism, education and abilities for system integrators to enhance their skills and business,” said Chuck Wilson, NSCA executive director. “NSCA represents an outstanding community of professionals who go the extra mile to ensure an optimistic and bright future for our industry.”
- NSCA also recognized its top instructors from the 2009 show, as determined by evaluations completed by course attendees. Peter Mapp of Peter Mapp Associates, received the top NSCA University™ honor, the 2009 Educator of the Year. Individual Instructors of the Year were also awarded for each college within NSCA University.
The 2009 Instructors of the Year were:
• Paxson Laird of RTKL
• Ben Wilson of Safeguard Security and Communications, Inc.
• Bob Coffeen of The University of Kansas
• Brian Lockie of Creative Technology
• Bill Whitlock of Jensen Transformers
NSCA members volunteer their time and work together to create programming and products designed to help integrators build better businesses and improve their bottom line through advocacy, education, research and business tools.