Secure KVM is now attainable through the use of RGB's External Desktop Agent (EDA) in SinglePoint KvM and Multipoint Control Room Management System (MCMS) installations.
- SinglePoint KvM enables a unified display space where users control the layout of the visual presentation as well as the operation of the computers displayed, all with a single mouse and keyboard.
- MCMS expands on this functionality in multi-user environments, such as control rooms, through a simplified system of preferences and priorities. This mechanism determines which operators have access to data and provides a hierarchy among operators for controlling resources.
- The EDA functions as a remote keyboard and mouse emulator on any computer, obviating the need to install special software.
- An EDA receives keyboard & mouse commands from the operator via its own IP address and relays them to a target computer over a PS/2 port. A PS/2 to USB adapter is provided, with the PS/2 connection remaining in-line. Since PS/2 is unidirectional, either arrangement ensures that keyboard/mouse commands are passed to the computer without allowing external access to computer files.
- The EDA also supports special commands, such as CTRL-ALT-DEL, and access to a computer's boot sequence.