Electronic Systems Protection, Inc. (ESP) has introduced the enVision Power Conditioning System (PCS), an advanced diagnostic and power protection device that measures and records power disturbances in detailed, real-time reports and displays.
- This solution gives service teams the ability to quickly identify power problems that can cause lock-ups and copy quality issues. With fifty power anomalies occurring per month on an average office circuit it will reduce "no-problem found" service calls and parts replacement expenses that negatively impact profitability.
- Power quality issues are costly, especially if left unchecked. To mitigate downtime and disturbances, enVision constantly measures a wide range of electrical data, such as: line-neutral voltage, neutral-ground voltage, amperage, crest factor, power factor, line frequency and energy usage to inform service technicians when power is impacting a machine's performance. A real-time scope meter function provides up-to-the-minute analysis of power related events to easily identify problems.
- enVision also records over/under voltages, surges, power outages and shut-offs, presenting the data in an easy to read display through a communications module for comprehensive troubleshooting. An internal battery ensures enVision will provide accurate reporting and time stamps, even during extended power outages. Technicians can easily customize voltage recording and shut-off set-points for any device or environment using an easy to use graphical interface.
- Additional monitoring and user flexibility is afforded by an LCD interface that provides notifications and easy access to recorded events, parameters and settings. ESP is also developing TCP-IP, Bluetooth, Zigbee and cellular as future communication protocols for enVision.
- Not just for diagnostics, enVision also provides industrial-grade power protection. Connected equipment benefits from a robust line of defense that includes ESP Multi-Stage surge protection, EMI/RFI noise filtration, over/under voltage protection, Cat6 network protection, telephone line and wiring fault protection.
- "enVision is the most advanced energy intelligence and power protection tool ESP has developed to date, and it will solve a lot of headaches for service departments," said Stephen F. Galloway, president and CEO ESP/SurgeX. "Whether it's reducing energy consumption, service calls, or other problems; having the ability to immediately analyze energy-related data will help any organization run more efficiently".
- The enVision PCS is available in five configurations, including a model featuring IEC outlets and 230/10A receptacles for global markets. 230/30A and 230/16A models are also in development for release later this year.