GDS Displays has added a 38-inch stretched version to its MIDAS range of outdoor LCD products.
- Designed to provide a fully integrated, digital signage solution in applications including transportation, public information and leisure, the 38-inch stretched MIDAS display is readable in direct sunlight and is suitable for continuous use in challenging environments.
- The new LCD display gives highly contrasted content as well as enhanced image quality. The company says its 1000 cd/sqm LED backlighting technology offers uniformity of light whilst consuming less power and offering longer life than commonly used conventional CCFL lamps. An ambient light sensor continually samples the light and adjusts screen brightness levels to ensure comfortable viewing at all times. By optically bonding vandal proof glass directly to the LCD, GDS has alleviated back-of-glass reflection and condensation issues whilst giving the display protection.
- 38-inch stretched MIDAS displays are housed in rugged IP65 rated enclosures that provide both physical protection and resistance to moisture and dust ingress. The new displays are fully thermally managed with the correct internal operating temperature maintained automatically (heating and cooling). This means no additional enclosures or ancillary cooling systems are required.
- A range of built-in sensors support an on-board diagnostics system that monitors the ‘health’ of the display. Gathered diagnostic data can then be reported back through the system. When maintenance is required an extendable front frame allows quick-and-easy access to minimize downtime.
- The MIDAS outdoor LCD display has an operating temperature range of -20 °C to +40 °C. Overall dimensions (WxHxD) are 1050 mm x 396 mm x 200 mm.