- NewTek will soon inaugurate "NewTek TriCasts America: Varsity Tour." From May 11-June 9, 2010, NewTek goes on the road in what could be the world’s smallest, HD live television production vehicle, demonstrating the newly launched TriCaster TCXD850, and 3PLAY, a portable, multi-channel HD/SD slow motion replay system. NewTek will visit multiple cities to host live events, inviting audiences to check out the benefits of a giant live HD TV truck that fits in a backpack. Launching in New York, and culminating in Atlanta, the Varsity Tour will showcase live demos at high-profile venues, like NYC’s St. John’s University, varsity practice facility, and hockey’s oldest cathedral, Matthew’s Arena at Northeastern University, Boston.
- The public is invited to participate in the TriCasts America: Varsity Tour. Event reservations are limited, so sign up now: varsitytour.com .
- Dates include: May 11-12: Streaming Media East, New York May 13: St. John’s University, New York May 14: Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, NY May 19: Northeastern University, Boston, MA May 21: Crown Plaza Hotel, Hartford, CT May 24: Durham Bulls Field House, Raleigh, NC May 25: Charlotte Knights Stadium, Charlotte, NC June 8-9: SVG College Sports Video Summit, Atlanta
- "By using, easy-to-use production equipment like NewTek TriCaster, the St. John's Athletic Communications Office produces some 100 live sporting events and 200 on-demand video highlight and feature packages, across 17 varsity sports throughout the year," said Mark Fratto, associate athletics director for Communications, St. John’s University. "Thanks to TriCaster, we are able to use video as a platform to generate publicity for every coach and student-athlete with virtually no additional costs, beyond our initial investment."
- The latest addition to the TriCaster line of portable live production systems, TriCaster TCXD850 has a 22-channel HD/SD live production switcher in a rack mount form factor,with redundant power and removable storage; eight external sources, eight virtual/mix channels; live HD virtual sets and advanced matte generation; overlay with rotation, positioning and scaling in 3D plus animated effects; HD live streaming; increased media player capabilities; and multi-view monitoring of all inputs and outputs.
“In the school sports industry, NewTek TriCaster is the solution of choice for portable live production," said Michael Kornet, chief marketing officer, NewTek. "More and more, schools are choosing NewTek to deliver network-quality, HD live productions."
With TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast, project and record HD and SD network-style productions. A single operator or small team can switch between multiple cameras, virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while inserting clips, titles and motion graphics with multi-channel effects. TriCaster is used by schools, sports organizations, broadcasters, houses of worship, government agencies, and others, to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audiences.