Currently rolling out in convenience and petrol locations throughout Australia, a column-shaped, lips-topped display unit for Twisties snack foods has successfully kicked a goal for Creative Instore Solutions and their client PepsiCo Smiths.
Project Goals In Brief:
- To create a simple, fun unit that makes the consumer laugh and stimulate brand desirability.
- Small footprint for flexible positioning – both floor and counter unit.
- Modular trays that can be added or subtracted to accommodate high turnover and ease of restocking.
- Easily assembled with snap together trays.
- Test results recorded up to 164-percent sales increase.
- The unit is made from 100-percent recyclable polypropylene.
- Currently rolling out in Australian convenience and petrol destinations, since June 08.
- Due to the success of this design, BP service stations will be rolling out this display from October 2008, in effect doubling sales for Twisties on an ongoing basis.
Initial test results have been strong, in some cases increasing sales by up to 164 percent from one year ago. The compact nature and fun look of the unit has successfully taken the product out of its traditional home in the chip shelf aisle, to achieve premium positioning at the front of the store, typically by the counter or at the end of the aisle. This distinctive unit breaks down the typical POS square cabinet display that up until now has been the only option for retailers. Because of this, retailers have embraced the unit, recognizing the benefits to them as the unit speaks directly to shoppers, bringing alive in their minds the catch phrase “Life’s pretty straight without Twisties,” and successfully translating to sales.
Special consideration was given to making the unit very easy to assemble and to make sure that the shelf mouldings could be used in the future for a counter stand. The flexibility of the unit also ensures that demand is met for high turnover, as double the amount of stock can be carried by doubling the trays on the back of the unit, if the need arises.
The lips were especially complex and far beyond the normal kind of shapes that CIS send to China for manufacturing. To ensure quality control over the process CIS made a physical 1:1 model of the shape and had a Sydney based pattern maker create the tooling. This tool was then sent to China for production. CIS are always willing and able to change their normal processes of manufacturing to get the desired quality result.
The unit itself is made from 100-percent recyclable polypropylene (header and base made from Styrene), chosen for its environmentally friendly properties and reduced impact on the environment. The nature of a semi-permanent display alone reduces high turnover of materials normally associated with POS, such as cardboard, due to their longer shelf life. As well, by using recyclable materials, it ensures the display will not end up as non-biodegradable land fill, and will go on to be re-used in another form when it reaches the end of it’s extended shelf life.
For more information on Creative Instore Solutions products/services, visit www.creativeinstore.com.au or www.creativeinstore.com.