Target has announced the launch of its Bullseye Bodegas, four limited-time-only stores that celebrate the retailer's pioneering designer partnerships and commitment to offering amazing value through unique and differentiated merchandising programs. Since opening its first stores in 1962, Target has distinguished itself from other discount retailers by offering great designs at an incredible value. This fall, Target brings its current roster of 22 designers -- more than at any time in the company's history -- to Manhattan through this innovative initiative.
Open to the public from September 12 - 15, each bodega will feature an edited selection of the trendiest and most affordable products from its designer partners across home, fashion, accessories and beauty. Taking a playful spin off of a traditional New York bodega, or corner store, each Bullseye Bodega will also offer New Yorkers the opportunity to shop upcoming limited-time collections before they hit Target stores, including the Anya Hindmarch handbag collection, the Sigerson Morrison footwear collection, and the Jonathan Saunders GO International fashion collection. Reinforcing the Target commitment to low prices, the bodegas will feature products with an average price of $25.
"Consumers today are focused on finding bargains and we want to remind budget-conscious shoppers that they can find great deals, and the quality they crave, all under one roof at Target," said Kathee Tesija, executive vice president, Target. "This fall, we have an amazing designer line-up and we're thrilled to celebrate it and share it with New Yorkers."
Each Bullseye Bodega will be open from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. daily. Guests can shop four convenient locations:
- Midtown: 101 57th Street at 6th
- Union Square: 813 Broadway between 11th and 12th
- SoHo: 489 Broome Street between Wooster and West Broadway
- EastVillage Bodega: 325 Bowery at 2nd
Twenty-two Target designer brands will be in stores this fall, more than at any time in the company's history. Each one of following brands will be represented at the Bullseye Bodegas:
Fashion & Accessories
- Mossimo Giannulli -- fashion designer known for relaxed and trend-right fashions
- Liz Lange -- maternity fashion designer celebrated for modern approach to maternity style
- Converse One Star -- vintage-inspired lifestyle apparel and footwear
- Dean Harris -- jewelry designer who creates memorable pieces reminiscent of nature. This limited-time-only collection will be available from August 17 through December 26, 2008.
- Anya Hindmarch -- designer of sophisticated and elegant handbags. This limited-time-only collection will be available from October 12 through December 26, 2008.
- Sigerson Morrison -- design duo Kari Sigerson and Miranda Morrison create chic and modern footwear. This limited-time-only collection will be available from October 12 through December 26, 2008.
- Jonathan Saunders -- fashion designer known for his modern and wearable designs. This GO collection will be available from October 5 through November 1, 2008.
- Keanan Duffty -- British musician-turned designer, Duffty is celebrated for edgy and cool fashions with a rebellious spirit Home
- Thomas O'Brien -- esteemed interior designer known for melding modern and vintage products
- Isabelle de Borchgrave -- Belgian-born paper artist and painter
- Michael Graves -- famed architect and first Target designer partner
- Christiane Lemieux (DwellStudio for Target) -- textile designer who has fused modern design with luxurious details to create collections in nursery, bedding, kitchen and tabletop
- Rachel Ashwell -- interior decorator known for combining English elegance with a relaxed California vibe
- Victoria Hagan -- respected interior designer known for creating chic and timeless home décor
- John Derian -- decoupage artist celebrated for quirky vintage designs. This limited-time-only collection will be available September 7 through October 26, 2008
- Sean Conway -- renowned garden designer known for creating outdoor spaces that bring great design to life one stylish patio at time
- Sonia Kashuk -- innovator and visionary, Kashuk believes that beauty should be accessible, affordable and easy for every woman
- Umberto Savone -- hairstylist and salon owner, Umberto haircare products help every woman achieve a beautiful, carefree style
- Marcia Kilgore (Soap & Glory) -- Bliss founder who blends sass, suds and style with a line of irreverent pampering products designed to beautify without breaking the bank
- Napoleon Perdis (NP Set) -- makeup star to the stars who empowers women with an accessible offering of colors and tools
- Jemma Kidd (JK Jemma Kidd) -- internationally renowned backstage makeup artist and award-winning cosmetic designer
- Petra Strand (Pixi by Petra) -- makeup artist who brings her no-fuss approach into the beauty world with a collection of multi-functional products
The Target Bullseye Bodegas are a celebration of the amazing milestone of nearly a decade of affordable design through pioneering designer partnerships.
For more information on Target products/services, visit www.Target.com/bullseyebodega.