The NewTek TriCaster TCXD850 portable live production system was used to produce and live stream extended behind-the-scenes coverage of the 2010 National Hockey League (NHL) Awards yesterday, Wednesday, June 23.
- The live webcast from the Palms Las Vegas Hotel included NHL player and celebrity sightings, and interviews of the VIP red carpet arrivals. The live stream was available at www.nhl.com.
- "Now that the Stanley Cup Finals are over, hockey fans look forward to the NHL Awards to celebrate outstanding performers of the past season. With our TriCaster-generated live stream, fans from all over the world will feel like they are with us in Las Vegas for all the action," said Andre Mika, senior vice president, creative, NHL. "Last year's live stream of red carpet arrivals and behind-the-scenes at the awards in Las Vegas was viewed by a sizable audience; we expect this year's expanded coverage will draw even larger numbers. Our web traffic is growing at a fantastic rate."
- "True hockey fans don't only attend and watch the action on the ice, they live and breathe hockey, so an opportunity to watch live, as the best and brightest are recognized in a star-studded forum, is very appealing," said Philip Nelson, senior vice president, strategic development, NewTek. "The live streams of past season NHL Awards has been hugely successful, and now the production has really hit its stride with fans getting more bonus coverage than ever before."
- The company says that with TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast, project and record high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) network-style productions. A single operator or small team can switch between multiple cameras, virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while inserting clips, titles and motion graphics with multi-channel effects. In addition to the annual NHL Awards, TriCaster is used by sports organizations, broadcasters, schools, houses of worship, government agencies and others, to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audiences.
- The TriCaster family of products in NTSC is available in North America starting at US $4,995, and multi-standard internationally starting at US $5,995. Educational pricing is also available. The company is also promoting an upgrade:
- buy any TriCaster portable live production system now through June 30, 2010, and trade it in for the full purchase price towards TriCaster TCXD850.
- For more information, please visit newtek.com.