- POPAI's Outstanding Merchandising Achievement awards contest, the industry's largest and longest running awards contest, recognizes the most innovative and effective marketing at-retail displays and programs that lift sales and make products memorable and enticing to consumers, is open for entries. The POPAI OMA Gala will be held on March 8, during Globalshop, at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
- OMA Award entries compete for gold, silver and bronze honors in three divisions based upon length of time in the store; Temporary, Semi-permanent and Permanent. The divisions are further broken down into 28 categories such as Cosmetics, Entertainment, Snack Products & Soft Drinks, etc. Prestigious panels of judges comprised of producers, brand marketers and retailers identify winners through a two-round judging process. The first round is done online, where judges review images and case histories. The second round of judging is done in person at the OMA Awards area in the GlobalShop Exhibition. Judges evaluate the actual displays to formulate a final score. Scores are based on the dis-play's ability to increase sales, obtain retail placements and work strategically to position the brand in the retail environment.
- All entries become a permanent part of POPAI's online Creative Gallery (www.popai.com/creativegallery)
- NEW THIS YEAR:
- OMA Committee has refined the medal awards process to insure more categories/divisions get gold, silver and bronze medals.
- Photography will be allowed in theOMA Area at GlobalShop.
- There will be a reduced fee for first time entrants.
- Exhibitors will be allowed toinclude booth numbers on the fact card labels. Fact Cards can include company information beginning on the first day of the show.
OMA Contest Entry Dates:
September 1, 2006 to January 12, 2007.
Late entry deadline is January 19, 2007. There is a $50 late fee per entry.
Companies can enter the contest online at www.popai.com/oma
OMA Contest displays will be on exhibit at GlobalShop 2007 in the Sands Expo at the Venetian Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. March 7-9, 2007.
POPAI is looking for volunteers to help set up the OMA Exhibition area prior to the show. Please visit www.popai.com/oma for volunteer information.
The POPAI OMA Gala will be held on March 8, at the Venetian. Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented. This year the Display of the Years winners will also be announced at the Gala. Tables will be for sale.
For more information go to www.popai.com/oma or contact Nichole Jackson, 703.373.8805, email@example.com