Winner, Best Use of AV Technology for a Trade Show Booth, was AVW-TELAV Audio Visual Solutions, for the Sci-Fi Channel Booth at the San Diego Comic-Con InternationalThe winners of the fourth annual Rental & Staging Systems Awards were honored at InfoComms Awards Banquet, June 6 at InfoComm in Orlando. The Awards banquet, a sold-out, high-profile event, enabled more than 500 industry professionals to celebrate the success of leaders and pioneers in the industry. The banquet (held the night prior to the opening of the show floor) was a great kick-off to InfoComm, and a chance for the industry to honor its peers.
The August issue of Rental & Staging Systems magazine will feature a special section highlighting the winners of the Rental & Staging Systems Awards.
Barco's OLite won Best LED ProductThe Rental & Staging Systems Awards were co-sponsored by Rental & Staging Systems magazine and InfoComm International, to recognize extraordinary accomplishment in product development, and in a broad array of staged events, large and small, in the corporate staging as well as the entertainment market. Winners of awards for the Best Staged Events of 2005 were selected by an independent panel of judges, chaired by Rental & Staging Systems executive editor David Keene. New Product Award winners were selected via a special Rental & Staging Systems magazine reader poll.
The winners of the Rental & Staging Awards: Best Staged Events (Taking place in 2005) are:
- Best overall staging for a Corporate or Association Event, Large Venue, Technology budget less than $200K. Winner: CORP AV Audio Visual Services, for "Canada's Telecommunications Hall of Fame".
- Best overall staging for an Entertainment event. Winner: On Projecoes (Brazil), for Sao Paulo Fashion Week
- Best Use of AV Technology for a Trade Show Booth. Winner: AVW-TELAV Audio Visual Solutions, for the Sci-Fi Channel Booth at the San Diego Comic-Con International
- Most Innovative Use of Technology, Outdoor Event. Winner: ACE Communications, for the NYC Marathon 2005
- Best Use of HD (High Definition) display in a Staged Event. Winner: LMG, Inc., for the Discovery Network.
Winners of the Rental & Staging Awards: Best New Products (Introduced in 2005) were:
- Best Loudspeaker for the Staging Market: VRX932 from JBL Professional.
- Best Audio Control/Mixing Product: DiGiCo D1
- Best Video Projector: Panasonic 7700 projector
- Best Plasma or LCD Display: Samsung 460P LCD panel
- Best LED Product: Barco OLite
- Best Lighting Product: CATALYST V.4
- Best Software Product: The new version 2.40 of Wings Platinum, from AVStumpfl
- Best Video Signal Processing or Distribution Product: The Di-VentiX by Analog Way
- Best Video/Broadcast or Video/Streaming Product: Grass Valley Turbo
- Best Projection Screen: Curved Series 200 Frame, from Da-Lite Screen Company
- Best General AV Product: Extron MMX 32 VGA MTP Matrix Switcher
See the August issue of Rental & Staging Systems magazine for a special section highlighting the winners of the Rental & Staging Systems Awards.