Smaart, the audio industry's leading software tool for acoustical testing, analysis, and measurement, is now owned by Rational Acoustics.
- Concluding a deal that was initiated 9 months ago; Rational Acoustics is now the sole owner of the Smaart brand and has title to all names, trademarks, code bases and assets for the complete suite of past, current and future versions of Smaart software.
- Rational Acoustics’ Chief Operating Officer Karen Anderson comments “This is a huge milestone for Rational Acoustics. In just over 18 months we have grown from a tiny start-up company to being the owners of the most powerful and most popular acoustic test and measurement software brand in the industry. It’s the end of one phase of our journey and just the beginning of the next. We are deeply committed to the future of Smaart and are excited to show Smaart users worldwide what we have planned.”
- Adds Jamie Anderson, Rational Acoustics’ Chief Executive Officer “It’s great to welcome Smaart back home. 4 of the 5 people at Rational Acoustics were there in 1999 when Smaart became an EAW product, so it’s only fitting that we’re all here 10 years later, the day it becomes a Rational one.”
- Rational Acoustics and Loud Technologies will be working closely together in the immediate future to transition all online licensing, registration and sales processes for Smaart from EAW to Rational Acoustics as well as transitioning sales and distribution networks worldwide.
- Rational is currently in active development of the next generation of Smaart, dubbed “Smaart v.7”, which is scheduled for a December 15th, 2009 launch.