— U841R is an update of A-T’s highly popular U841A boundary microphone, adding integrated electronics —
Stow, OH — Audio-Technica, a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, is now shipping its new U841R Omnidirectional Condenser Boundary Microphone. A new addition to Audio-Technica’s acclaimed UniPoint® line of microphones, the U841R is an update to and replacement of A-T’s highly popular U841A microphone. While retaining the feature set that has made the U841A such a successful tool, the new U841R microphone is enhanced with the addition of internal electronics that do not require an external power module. The mic features an integral TA3M output connector and includes a 25' TA3F-to-XLRM cable.
The U841R delivers exceptionally intelligible audio reproduction in a super-compact, low-profile design. Equipped with UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology, this omnidirectional condenser boundary microphone is designed to capture audio for clear, highly intelligible sound reinforcement, professional recording, television and conferencing in surface-mount applications. The U841R has a 360° pickup angle and operates on phantom power.
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Small-diameter capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and silicone foam bottom pad minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on phantom power
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional in hemisphere above mounting surface
- Frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Open circuit sensitivity: –35 dB (17.7 mV) re 1V at 1Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 130 dB (1 kHz at 1%THD)
- Dynamic range: 105 dB (1 kHz at Max SPL)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 69 dB (1 kHz at 1Pa)
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2mA typical
- Weight: 3.0 oz (84 g)
- Dimensions: 2.56" (65.0 mm) diameter, 0.59" (15.0 mm) height
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories furnished: soft protective pouch
The U841R Boundary Microphone is available at U.S. pricing of $199.00. For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.